Saturday, October 11, 2014

Dreaming of a Pink Christmas

I don't know if you all know this - what with the million challenges out there relating to the subject - but October is breast cancer awareness month. One challenge you ALL should participate in is the Jingle Belle's Challenge. For every entry they receive to their Pink Christmas challenge they are donating $2 to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. There's no limit to how many entries. So this challenge is getting a BIG call out here.




CLICK AND SUBMIT! Just go do it! You can be creative AND do good!

So, with the premise Pink Christmas, I knew I wanted to create something sparkly and pink. I broke out my snowflakes and stamped them into some embossing ink. I spread some holographic embossing powder over them to give them a real shimmer. Next, thanks to the Ombre challenge over at Just Us Girls, I used my distress inks to create shades of pink and really make the snowflakes shine. 


 

I used the following pinks: Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberries. 

To create a tag for my card, I used a bunch of wintery sentiment stamps and arranged them all together in a pattern. I squished some inks on a craft mat and spritzed with water then stamped my image into the watery ink, before stamping onto the tag. It gives a really blurry watercolor feel. 



I think the end result is just stunning! I never would have thought to create a pink Christmas card, so thanks Jingle Belles!!

I used this sketch from the Retro Sketches competition for my card layout:

I'm also going to enter this into:
Simon Says Stamp's Use Watercolor challenge
STAMPlorations's Stamps and Embossing challenge
Penny Black's Get Ahead for Christmas challenge

To those of you who leave me a comment: Bless your little hearts. They make my day. 

32 comments:

  1. Your bg is simply stunning!!! Can you link JUGS up with your challenges too since you entered it :) Thanks for joining in at JUGS~
    http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/10/jugs-262-trend-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support, Vicki! I did link up JUGS in my text. I like to do that so that I don't have one big list at the end. :)

      Delete
  2. What a totally FUN card!! I LOVE the pink ombre on this. It looks FABULOUS!!!! I am going to have to try this technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful background indeed! That is on my "to try list".....someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great background and sparkly is always wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that pink inky background ... so glad you went PINK with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just fabulous! Love the colors you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Becca. The pink background is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! That background is absolutely stunning and I really like the watercolor look on the tag. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. inky pinky wonderfulness!!! Becca this is AWESOME! (and the next card, YOU STINK, made me laugh right out loud). I`m your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! A very beautyful card and a good reason, I will make a pink Christmas card, too - maybe with the deer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh holy wow, how ♥BEEEEEEEEAUTIFUL♥ is this?! i love every single thing about this, but the pink emboss/resist ombre snowflake background (say THAT 3x fast; or even type it for that matter, lol!) is truly a SHOW STOPPER! you've kind of made me want to break out the heat gun, which, trust me is the ULTIMATE level of inspiration in my (lazy) world! thanks very much for "thinking pink" with us at JINGLE BELLES (& spreading the word, too, it's VERY apprecieated!) for an awesome cause! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey Becca, thanks for stopping by and for the sweet comment.....I wanted to get back with you, you asked about the loops on my card; it is actually hemp twine. you can get it here...
    http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product.aspx?id=89423&c=0

    there are pictures below my card and write up of what I used in my card, if you click on the item it will take you to it...hth!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pink! Yeah for pink! Love this card!Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!! I came here from Darnell's blog and have just spent the last hour reading every one of your posts. YOU have some serious talent! I especially appreciate that you define the techniques that you use on each card. I will be checking in on a regular basis to see what you have been up to. Thanks for sharing your cards!
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's so kind of you and it made me smile from ear-to-ear!

      Delete
  15. LOVE this card, Becca--one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing card. Fabulous ombre effect you got. Love the layout and the sparkle. So glad you joined our challenge this week at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great resist stamping Becca and elegant card.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  18. So gorgeous! I love the pink background with the holographic embossed snowflakes! Never seen that before but it looks amazing! And I love the fun idea of stamping into the watered down ink before stamping on the papers, very fun effect!!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holy Wow! This card is stunning! Love your background, the water color effect on your tag, and what a great take on that sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Becca wooowww wooooww woooow this is stunning all in pink I have nearly all the color there only picked raspberries I dont have and you made so beautiful creaation with that colors...I will say I ADORE this...you are really talented my friend..hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous card, love your ombre background!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love the technique you've used and the colours make for a very pretty holiday card. thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love those snowflakes! Pretty card! Thanks so much for playing along with the Watercolor Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is gorgeous :) fab inking n colors

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just gorgeous! Who says snowflakes have to be in cool colors! Love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a gorgeous card! I love the background technique.

    Thanks for joining us this week at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such yummy colors - and what a good cause too! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month.

    ReplyDelete