Monday, October 6, 2014

Vellum on Vellum with a Sparkly Finish

STAMPlorations is out with a new sketch challenge and I'm going to play along with their sketch and Crafty Calendar Challenge's Bingo board:




STAMPlorations has some amazing challenges and last month I won the Sketched: Tulips stamp. I just got it in the mail last week and have been itching to ink it up. If you haven't checked out their challenges - DO IT! You don't have to use their stamps to play, and they give away some awesome prizes! If you do have their stamps, you can play in their never-ending Anything Goes challenge, which gives away a prize for every 50 entries. 


I used a piece of light pink vellum and embossed the tulips in white and then painted them with some sparkly watercolors that my grandma gave me a long, long time ago. It created this lovely stained glass effect. 



I layered it over some bright green polka-dotted vellum and added a little pink bling the corners and then stamped the sentiment in Distress Inks Picked Raspberries. It's an adorable little thank you card that will be sent over to one of my business colleagues who helped me out recently.



I'm also entering this into Eclectic Ellapu's Pink Team challenge - Flowers 


I love to read your comments! They make my day!

17 comments:

  1. Becca, this is sensational in every way!! I'm really wowed!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning Becca. You've done an awesome job with these beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for winning that beautiful tulip stamp. And, hats off to you for actually using it right away. This is really gorgeous. I love the look of embossed vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on winning the stamp and beautiful card love how you embossed the image then painted the tulips-thank you for leaving a lovely comment on my blog
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, really love those flowers. Thanks for joining in over at Eclectic Ellapu x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind comment and I had to look at your blog and I love it! This card is so pretty and I have to try the stained glass effect. I looked at some of the others and you love working with paste. I do as well but haven't tried in a while and want to make another for the Eclectic Ellapu challenge. You have great talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Becca this is a beautiful card those flowers look awesome on vellum, the embossing really shows the colours up wonderfully, brilliant make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card. I have never tried embossing on vellum. Love the look. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a pretty car Becca, the embossed tulips look fab on the vellum, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning card... love how you have stamped onto the vellum! Thanks for joining in at Crafty Calendar this month with our Bingo challenge!
    Hugs
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. How neat you won that beautiful stamp! Love coloring on vellum--beautifully done, Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, your stained glass look is outstanding, I haven't seen this before! Great job. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, Becca! Vellum always adds something special to a card. Love the tulip stamp, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This a gorgeous card. Love it. Thank you for sharing with us Eclectics this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another gorgeous card featuring a super-fun technique! Love, love, LOVE the stained glass effect you created with the vellum and tulips, Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful - very elegant and I love the stamped vellum.

    Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really lovely, I have never tried embossing on vellum and love the effect. Thank you for sharing your lovely project with us this month at Eclectic Ellapu and I hope to see you participate again.

    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete