Thursday, March 9, 2017

Strong Women Card

Yesterday was International Women's Day and I had a custom order for some cards in appreciation of strong, confident and awesome lady friends. 

coloring_spectrum_noir_alcohol_markers

I fell in love with this new Unity stamp set called, very appropriately, Unity Girls and just HAD to buy it. It reminded me so much of my sis and I. 

I wanted to keep the focus on the women in the cards, considering the holiday the cards were celebrating. 

strong_women_card_international_womens_day

I colored my image using Spectrum Noir Markers (TB1, TB2, GB4, GB5, GB6, PL1, PL3, PL4, FS1, FS3, EB4, EB6, TN3, TN4, TN9, GG1) and it was soooo relaxing. I forget, sometimes, how much fun it can be to sit and color. 

My colors were taken from:
CAS Colours and Sketches




Since we are celebrating strong women, I want to take the time to celebrate all of  YOU! My bloggy friends are all so uplifting and provide me with so much happiness with their sweet comments. THANK YOU for keeping my crafty mojo going!

I'm also going to link up this card to:
Addicted to Stamps and More - Make Your Mark
Simon Says Wednesday - For a Special Lady/Girl

Thanks for popping by!

26 comments:

  1. Oh my, your card is absolutely amazing! The coloring and shading and depth you have given these two strong beauties - you really brought them to life. What a wonderful statement too - your card has some serious WOW factor! Lucky customers to receive this ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the image and you colored it perfectly! And there is that sentiment that I absolutely love! I got my stamp set with that stamp, just haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but I will be very soon! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU are so sweet and strong, Becca! Amazing image and sentiment and love your fab colouring!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! Love the image and the sentiment!! What a beautiful card!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Becca! This card is AMAZING!! First, that sentiment totally ROCKS. Second, your coloring with the rich purple and the beautiful shading on the images is just fabulous. Stunning, stunning card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool card. I like the layout. Thanks for sharing your work with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome coloring of the images Becca, this is terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect card and perfect stamps for IWD. Fabulous coloring, too! And I do love the sentiment that you've used for it, too. The 'sisters' have such a great look to them as well. Fantastic card Miss Becca!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Becca - love the colours you have used and that great sentiment is fabulous. Love following your blog and the great work you do - you try so many different techniques and styles it is inspiring
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. totally beautiful Becca, this one really moves me! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved it Becca ! Its fantastic !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super card with a strong image and message. love it! Thanks for using the CC&S colours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card, Becca! Your coloring is wonderful, and that sentiment is fabulous!
    Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog! I'm happy to join your's in return.
    I look forward to seeing you make a card inspired by mine! Have a wonderful weekend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Becca, love this beautiful CAS card! That sentiment is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's an amazing card, Becca! Love the image, love the sediment, love the colors, and love your design! That about covers it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your coloring is SO gorgeous, Becca, and that image is perfect for all us fabulous gals! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking fabulous, Becca.....LOVE that saying & that stamp set is wonderful! Great colouring, too :):)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely occasion to make stamps for and celebrate women :) FAB use of the challenge colours and lovely to see you joining in at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an awesome card, Becca! Love your coloring and that sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S. Warmly, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sentiment is awesome. Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp For a Special Lady Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Say it sistah!! Great card!
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, what a special card with a wonderful sentiment, Becca!!!! Love that stamp and your colouring is simply great!!!! Well done!!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete