Thursday, April 13, 2017

Fusion - Truck Bouquet

We're over this week's hump and much closer to hippity hoppity Easter! But after Easter comes Mother's Day and that's the type of card I'm showing off today. 


Now... for those of you wondering how many mothers I have - no, I was not adopted by a tribe of roving gypsy women and I did not grow up on a polygamous commune.  I sell my cards at craft fairs and mother's day cards always fly off the shelves during this time of year.

This particular card is inspired by the newest Fusion Card Challenge.


I loved the big ol' bouquet of roses, and also chose to incorporate the sketch. If you haven't played along at Fusion, it's super duper easy! You can choose either the sketch, or the card, OR both and create a fusion! 


My card was pretty easy peasy to put together. I stamped a back panel using a floral burst from Unity and then stamped my focal panel once with the same design.

I watercolored my flowers with a combo of Distress Oxide inks and Distress Inks. 


funny_mothers_day_stamped_card

To complete the look, I stamped a snarky sentiment from my brand new Sweet and Sassy Mom set, which will be released by STAMPlorations in the next couple of weeks! 


Taaaadaaaa!

I hope you'll hop over to Fusion and play along! 

I was inspired to play along in: 
CCEE Stampers - Humor
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - S is for Silly

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the bouquet and the snarky sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous!! LOVE that beautiful bouquet but I think that sentiment ROCKS this whole card!! LOVE the snark!! Great take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Becca, I love how you added the stamped background layer. Great design! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me laught with your humorous words on your mum! :D I'm sure you will sell this card so quickly, it's stunning and so beautiful! Love it!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fabulous!! I love the beautiful flowers and the hilarious sentiment!! Gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Becca - beautiful colours and especially THAT sentiment. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that fun sentiment on your Mother's Day card! That flower stamp is very pretty too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pretty flowers and your sentiment is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh too funny- what a great card and I love your coloring

    ReplyDelete
  10. So funny, yet so beautiful = perfect! Thank you for joining us at SOSS
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH, WOW, love what you have done here, Becca!!!! That is such a beautiful floral stamp and I love how you've made the bg using it!!! The coloured bouquet looks beautiful and who would not smile at that cute sentiment!!! Lovely!!!
    Have a great Easter weekend!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining us at SOSS, Becca! Always a pleasure to see you over here and your card is brilliant, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. He he he he this is awesome.
    I am sure we ALL owe our mum that particular apology!
    Thanks for getting your (painful) silly on with the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha ha - a tribe of roving gypsy women or a polygamous commune - such entertaining options! Love those flowers and the sentiment cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous 'snarky' sentiment! Gorgeous bouquet - looks wonderful. And I'm glad you haven't got a posse of Mum's!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an absolutely gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful bouquet! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun card Becca. Love the pretty flowers and the sentiment.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete