Friday, April 21, 2017

Glitter, Gelatos & Butterflies - Oh My!

Friday! I don't know about you, but I'm pretty excited for the weekend. I'm volunteering at our first Art & Wine walk of the season (a downtown crawl with 20 locations where you get to visit with artists and drink wine at every location!) And next month, I'm going to be one of the featured artists in the walk!!! EEee!! We also have a live music festival going on this weekend, too. So yep - pretty hoppin'.



But you didn't come here to hear me blather, you came here to see some card-making action! I'm happy to acquiesce because today is the day I also remind you to go play along at STAMPlorations theme & sketch challenge



I went for the theme this time around (because you can choose either theme OR sketch OR combine them - and also win fun prizes - and you can you ANY kind/brand of stamp you want). 

I began my card by scribbling some Faber Castell Gelatos in concentric circles on a piece of white cardstock. 


I smeared the colors together using my fingers, to blend. 


Next, I wanted to add a little bit of texture, so I broke out the Faber Castell Glass Bead Glitter Gel and applied it through the Tribal Swirls ARTplorations stencil


I also wanted to incorporate all the colors from the Color Throwdown's latest scheme, so I stamped a big ol' purple butterfly from the STAMPlorations Trendy Butterflies 2 stamp set and cut it out using the coordinating dies. 



I decided I wanted to tie in my purple butterfly more, so I stamped a border using the Artsy Border Maker stamp set, and completed my look by stamping a sentiment (also from the Trendy Butterflies 2 set). 

Taaadaaa - glittery, grungy, artsy and oh-so-vibrant!

I'm also going to play along in the 4 Crafty Chicks - Butterflies challenge. 


Pssstt - if you want any of the products used in my card, you can use my personal discount code STAMPGIRLBECCA in the STAMPlorations shop to get 20% off your ENTIRE order. :o 


Thanks for popping by! I hope you'll come play along in the STAMPlorations Theme & Sketch challenge!

20 comments:

  1. Love the glass beads on the stencil and your vibrant rainbow background to that purple flutterby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is nice. Very nice. Love that purple butterfly. I have cased you, in case you haven't seen it. Hugz https://craftynomad.blogspot.no/2017/04/city-chick.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good...you can send this one to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, Becca! I love the gelato sunburst behind that pretty purple butterfly! So glad you joined the butterfly challenge at Four Crafty Chicks this week.
    Christine
    Guest DT
    http://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just adorable!! Love the gelato's backgroung!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is your Art & Wine Walk??!!! We do something similar here in Racine's downtown called, First Fridays; it's so nice to be among all the people, so I know you'll have a blast. Your card is stunning! Wow! I often look at your cards and wonder how you come up with all these fabulous ideas. Love all the bright colors, the textures, and the gorgeous design. Enjoy your weekend, my friend. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being one of the featured artists Becca!! I have NO DOUBT that you will totally ROCK it!! Fabulous artsy card today. Love the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card! Love all the techniques and texture! So happy you joined us at CTD,

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great job on this glittery grunge style card! It does have that grunge feel even though it has a pretty butterfly and vibrant colours...and the glitter:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful artsy look, Becca!!! Lovely vibrant colours, some great shine and a fabulous butterfly - all combined to make a beautiful card, my friend!!!!! Always fun to see how you play with all the different mediums and techniques!!!
    Have a great weekend!!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Becca. Love the glitter paste - I need that! lol
    Can't go wrong with grungy artsy ... and purple! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!! Amazing card, I think it has been quick enought to do, but-oh my!- such a great result!!!
    Love, love it! Fabulous stenciled textures and colours!! And amazing butterfly! The sentiment is GREAT and love the border! Amazing card, so vibrant!!
    Congrats for your future "artists in the walk" position.... Enjoy the day!! (and good wine LOL :D )

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous card. I never thought of using gelato like you did. I also think I NEED that paste. It looks so cool over the colors!! Great design (as usual!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card Becca! Love that background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very pretty! Love all the texture, shimmer and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love love loveeee this card!! So vibrant and happy!!
    Cheers!
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So gorgeous, Becca! Love the bright colors and the stenciled background behind that pretty butterfly! Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

    ReplyDelete