Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Rainy Day Card - Card Concept Challenge

I don't know about you, but this neck of the woods has seen a strong drizzle and cloudy skies over the last week. What's a girl to do other than to hole up in her crafty room in pure happiness? :)

Luckily, The Card Concept gave me the perfect way to channel my inner creative superstar into a card that could brighten up any rainy day! 




The new challenge has this fantastic inspiration image: 

I adore the mix of bright colors and patterns. I decided to pull out my Rain or Shine stamp set from Verve and paper pieced a polka-dotty umbrella. 

I created a background using a combo of Distress Inks and Distress Oxides. 



For more on how to create this background you can see my technique tutorial on Distress Ink Double Dipping.

I added some fun colors pulled from the inspiration image, and used a the Mojo Monday sketch:


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgMVcurGAUak4AjynvXFiPw5E1VM8fITPiGP-LVyMaNT1QTajKjgFHJFO4K1sZINhiAVmf2oS4Q7p-l8y5QbjnuPunJ2k3sS1OvW2gPP5QcrnlGtkmubiIpctlVXBVxrUuJsLKcYevQVO9B/s1600/mojo494.gif

to create my sunny rainy day card. 



Thanks for popping by my blog. I hope you pop over to The Card Concept where our brand new designers are being welcomed in their first challenge! 


______________________________

On a second note, I'm up at the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog with a whole tutorial on how to make this watercolored simple and chic design!






I made this card because of some awesome inspiration from the City Crafter Challenge. I cased this monochrome beauty designed by the oh-so-talented Marina




I'd love for you to pop over to CLC to check out my tutorial and let me know what you think!

17 comments:

  1. Fantastic card! Love the inky background and fun umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, Becca! The yellow umbrella is so bright and fresh against the blue distressed background! It reminds me of pretty dark skies and rain! Great idea!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are gorgeous!! The Oxide background looks amazing!! The layers are fabulous!! And I absolutely adore the sentiment on your watercolor card!! Beautiful job on both!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so sunny and happy, even with the rain!! :) Love the design and the colours! Great background with the Oxides! And such adorable sentiment, just perfect!!
    The second card is very stilish with the sepia tones!
    Also in Italy rain and clouds... Uff...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background on your CC card is stunning! Can you just move in with me and teach me all of these fun techniques?! Our skies are about that color (again), and I'm ready for more sunshiny ones here! Sweet little umbrella, and I love how it matches your base. Your second card, for City Crafters is a study in monochromatic themes. It has such a nice antique look to it. Both are wonderful. Dang girl!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becca.. I'm so thrilled that you took the time to visit my blog ... Thank you! And what gorgeous cards ... I adore that watercoloured card!! It's stunning! Thank you so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Both of your cards are wonderful Becca! The first one is so full of cheerful colors!! Second one is subtle but amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely adore both of these cards! WOW! Absolutely amazing. It has been so long since I have made a card and was inspired by the City Crafter challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your kind words and for joining my challenge with this wonderful card. I think the image looks great going off the page like that and the subtle colours work well. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous background! Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both wonderful, Becca! What's not to love about a yellow polka dot umbrella? And that background is fabulous. So glad you could play along with the Mojo sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice job with the distress oxide inks. Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the CAS design and take onour CASE challenge! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous!! Love the card with the books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your Distress ink background, such gorgeous colours. A fab sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete