Thursday, April 27, 2017

Watercolored Feather Card - Fusion Challenge

I know, I know... I'm running a wee bit late for my posting today... I wasn't feeling well yesterday and am consequently late on my timing. 

I promise, though, that this card will be worth the wait! 

stenciled_feather_watercolor_card_micron_pens

My design is inspired by the STUNNING inspiration image over at Fusion Card Challenge this week.


Just look at that beauty! For those of you who haven't played along at Fusion, here's how it works: You can choose to play with either the sketch OR the inspiration image OR mash 'em together and use both. 

I got out some old sheet music I keep stashed in my craft hoard erm... I mean stash and used the masks from the STAMPlorations Feathers and Arrows LARGE stencil and mask set. (Which you can score for 20% off using my discount code STAMPGIRLBECCA). 

masking_and_watercolor_feather_card

I laid the mask securely on the sheet music and added some watercolors around the edge, to mimic the inspiration image. 

embossing_paste_stenciling_for_card_background

I tore the sheet music out and glued it on a piece of black cardstock, adding some washi tape to the background. Then I used the Dots All Over stencil and applied some metallic black texture paste. 

stamped_stencil_mixed_media_card_feather_fly_watercolor

Taaadaaaaa! Artsy textural goodness! I rounded out my design with some words from Tim Holtz sticker set and added a handwritten sentiment using a white gel pen. 

I used watercolors because I wanted to link up to the Mixed Media World - Watercolors and Mixed Media challenge. 

Thank you for popping by! I hope you'll go check out the rest of the lovely designs at the Fusion Card Challenge

24 comments:

  1. Wow!! Amazing interpretation! You are always so inspiring, Becca!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stunning!! The design and colors are amazing!! I hope you are feeling much better!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. That inspiration photo really worked so very perfectly for your cardmaking style, didn't it??!!! That feather outlined in those colors really emphasizes your handwritten sentiment, too. And the black metallic dotted section is delicious. I love the rich black with just a touch of shine to it. What a fabulous card, my friend. Hope you're feeling better, honeygirl. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I liked it on IG, and it's spectacular as a card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this :) all the texture here is amazing. Also thanks a ton for your kind words :) thankfully mum is much better now.
    hugs
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Just fantastic, creative and s attractive, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE love love this! A must try!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great! I love the great pop of colour with the black and grey...really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous, Becca! Love this challenge, I have plenty musical sheets to play with :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an eye-catching card, Becca! I love the color zing with the black and white and that you chose sheet music from a children's music book - what a wonderful, whimsical blend! Thank you for sharing this with us for our watercolor twist challenge at Mixed Media World!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this, Becca. Beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Becca, your card is luscious! One day I am going to really study your work and give mixed media a try. Every thing you make has me in awe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is just amazing and such a beautiful interpretation of the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just stunning in every delicious way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your take on this challenge, Becca. Your card is stunning! So much contrast with all the vibrant colours and the black. Love it!
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a wow card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! Thank you for joining us at MMW challenge!

    ReplyDelete