Thursday, September 28, 2017

Seize the Birthday Guest - Text Background

I'm kicking it old school with the ladies at Seize the Birthday challenge as their surprise party guest and I had so much fun playing along in their latest challenge.


I love a good card with an old-timey vintagey feel to it, so when I read that the new challenge was to use a text/script background I was all sorts of happy. 



I stamped some gorgeous poppies from a Penny Black stamp set and watercolored it in using some Dina Wakely Scribble Sticks. 


I used some black and tan damask paper as well as some vintagey text paper for my background.


My card was also inspired by the sketch challenge going on at The Paper Players right now. 

I'm also going to play along in:
Craft Rocket Challenges - Something beginning with "F" (flower)


There is some gorgeous inspiration up at the Seize the Birthday blog and you all should go check it out!! 


17 comments:

  1. Wow, such gorgeous look!! Great colouring on the poppies and the panel matches so well with the vintage layers! Lovely detail with the rustic neutral string!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great background for your beautiful blooms! love the vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, vintage style card. Love the pretty colored poppies. Glad to have you as our party guest at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an elegant background for those lovely blooms! This is a wonderful card Becca. Congrats on guesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your text paired with the damask - so elegant! Gorgeous pink poppies too, Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks absolutely gorgeous! Love that vintage look that you've achieved on the card, and the blooms are so beautiful! Thank you for being such a wonderful party guest!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your vintage look with the script background over the damask paper. Penny Black stamps are one of my favorites, (I have so many) and I like how you did the poppies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bang on beautiful Becca! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really gorgeous! I love the contrast of the clean floral panel with the vintage cream and black of the rest of the card. Love the addition of the twine bow too. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this gorgeous card Becca! I love anything on kraft cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome use of the sketch and the script usage -- welcome as a Party Guest to STB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the wonderful vintage-y feel to this fabulous card Becca
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely Incredible! The vintage vibe that this card exonerates is so pretty! Well done and hope you have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Becca this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the contrast between the darker, distressed areas and the light pink blossom. And thanks so much for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous! Love the layout and the colours are perfect. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete